There is wired internet access in all of the halls of residence. Network connection points allow residents to connect their computer or laptop to the College's network. Wi-Fi is not readily available in rooms within halls of residence, however there are Wi-Fi access points distributed around College enabling you to connect to the internet remotely.

To use the internet in your room and access the College's wireless networks, you will first need to register for the Student Halls Network service as follows:

  1. Connect your computer to the network socket in your room via ethernet cable
  2. Switch on your computer and open a web browser
  3. Browse to any external webpage and you will be automatically redirected to the registration page

You should pay special attention to any notices on computer security or conditions of use. If this is not working or you have an obviously broken or damaged socket, you will need to contact ICT on 49000 to request a repair.

If you are staying at Xenia or The Costume Store, your internet access will be provided by ASK4, with specific instructions being made available upon arrival.


In College managed halls every bedroom has a telephone handset connected to the College network. Internal calls within the College are free of charge for both incoming and outgoing calls.

If you wish to make external calls you will need to register with Uni-Tel, which is a prepaid account service. These are chargeable calls and are not covered in your rent. However, you can receive external calls without registering with Uni-Tel. 

Finding your telephone number

You will find your personal five digit extension number on a label on the handset in your room.

Using your phone

  • To receive an external call you need to ask the person calling you to dial 0207 85 followed by your five digit extension
  • To receive an internal call, give out your five digit extension starting with a 2.

If you have a Cisco handset, you must keep this plugged in at all times. Failure to do so will prevent the phones from receiving essential updates and a charge may be levied.

To log a telephone fault

Telephone faults for extensions in student halls of residences should be logged by calling 45000 and choosing option 1 from any College telephone or, if you are using an external line, dial 020 7594 5500. Broken sockets or data faults need to be reported to ICT on extension 49000 or 020 7594 9000 if you are calling from an external line.