What is harassment?
Harassment can be anything a landlord does, or fails to do, that makes you feel unsafe in the property or forces you to leave.
Landlords cannot force you to leave without a court order or formal notice being served.
Examples of harassment
- Stopping services, like electricity
- Withholding keys, eg: there are 2 tenants in a property but the landlord will only give 1 key
- Refusing to carry out repairs
- Anti-social behaviour by a landlord
- Threats and physical violence
If you think you are being harassed you can seek support at the Student Hub.