Applying to stay in halls of residence after your first year

If you are an undergraduate student who can show a disability-related reason for needing to stay in halls of residence after the first year of study, you will have the opportunity to apply to stay in halls of residence for the next academic year.   
There are a small number of rooms available each year and you will need to apply for a place.  
Decisions are made by a panel in the spring/summer term and are based on the priority of need. 
Applications will open on Thursday 15 April and will close Midnight on Sunday 9 May. You will be informed of the decision of your application in the summer term. 

Application information

In the first instance, your application will need to be supported by either one of the Health Centre Doctors, DAS Disability Advisor or Faculty Senior Tutors.

It is important that you discuss prior to making your application why you need to live in College accommodation with either a Doctor , Disability Advisor or Faculty Senior Tutors as you will need their support in order to be considered for a room in halls.

Please note: DAS Advisors are only able to support applications from students with mobility or sensory impairments or those who are on the autistic spectrum and are currently supported by the service. All other students will need to obtain support from one of the Health Centre Doctors or Faculty Senior Tutors.

You must supply relevant and up to date evidence to support your application - which you can upload during the application, or send via email to The deadline for applying is Midnight Sunday 9 May 2021

All supporting evidence must be submitted to no later than Midnight Sunday 16 May 2021.