Lara and Biodun Olanrewaju Scholarship
£18,000 per academic year towards tuition fees, with any remaining funds to support with living costs
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for the Lara and Biodun Olanrewaju scholarship, candidates must:
- Plan to commence a four-year undergraduate degree in the Department of Mechanical Engineering or the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2023/24
- Demonstrate exceptional academic merit and/or potential
- and be in one of the following ethnic heritages (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background – including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processTo apply for the Lara and Biodun Olanrewaju scholarship, you need to:
- Apply to one of our 2023 four-year undergraduate courses in the Department of Mechanical Engineering or the Department of Electrical Engineering and receive an offer of a place for 2023 entry by 23:59 (UK local time) on 26 May 2023
- Complete the Lara and Biodun Olanrewaju application form by 23.59 (UK local time) on 26 May 2023
Applicants will be assessed on academic merit or potential through the standard admission process.
The scholarship value is £18,000 per academic year. This will be applied towards your tuition fee balance first, with any remaining funding paid directly to you to support living costs.
Outcome of the Award:
The successful candidates will be notified by email no later than 31 July 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.