Sanctuary Scholarship - Undergraduate
Full Home rate tuition fees, stipend of £14,200 per annum, one-off £1,500 equipment grant
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Business School
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for this award you must:
- have Home fee status
- have received an offer to study any undergraduate programme starting in autumn 2023 by Friday 26 May 2023
- have completed the Sanctuary Scholarship application form (linked in Application process) by the deadline of 11:59PM GMT on Friday 26 May 2023
- fall into one of the following immigration status groups:
- a refugee - a person who has been granted refugee status in the UK
- a person who has been granted humanitarian protection or some other form of protective leave to remain in the UK (including a Ukrainian Family Scheme, Ukraine Extension Scheme or Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme visa)
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processHow to apply
Complete the Sanctuary scholarship application form by the deadline of 11:59PM GMT on Friday 26th May 2023.
You will be asked to confirm your personal details, immigration status and provide a personal statement supporting your application. You will be asked to upload proof of your immigration status. If you cannot provide it at this time there is an option to explain why in the form.
Your personal statement assesses your suitability for the Sanctuary Scholarship. You will be asked to address the following:
- Why have you chosen to study at Imperial College London?
- How do you feel the Sanctuary Scholarship would help you achieve your ambitions for the future?
- Explain your personal situation and the barriers you have faced in continuing your education with reference to your current status in the UK.
- Details of your financial circumstances. If you have attended school/college since coming to the UK, how have you supported your studies? Do you have any plans other than this scholarship for supporting yourself financially while at College?
Candidates will be notified of the outcome no later than 31 July 2023.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.