The Holligrave Scholarship 2023
Cash bursary of £1,500 p.a. in the first year of study and £1,000 p.a. in subsequent years
Number of awards
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible, candidates must have attained the conditions below by Friday 26 May 2023:
- Have an offer of admission from the College to study an undergraduate course in the Faculty of Engineering
- Possess a Home fee status
- Have been assessed for financial support through Student Finance England (SFE) (or equivalent funding authority), with a SFE verified household income of less than £60,000 per annum
Application processHow to Apply:
There is no separate application form that you need to complete in order to apply for this scholarship. However, you must follow two steps:
- Submit a student finance application and be 'means-tested' by Student Finance England (SFE) or equivalent funding authority. 'Means-tested’ is when a student submits details of their household income, to help their student finance body assess how much they’re eligible to receive in maintenance support. To be considered for this scholarship, your household income information must be less than £60,000 per annum and must be confirmed to us by SFE by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday, 26 May 2023. SFE can take up to 8 weeks to assess applications so in order to be eligible for the scholarship it is recommended that you apply to be means tested as soon as the applications for the student loan open. Please make sure you consent to share with the College your household income information (Your household income is your parents' or partner's income, plus yours) to SFE. This is important as we need to be able to access your household income information to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- Submit a UCAS application form for your course of study in the Faculty of Engineering and have an offer of admission by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday, 26 May 2023.
The Department that you have applied to within the Faculty of Engineering will assess your academic merit from your predicted A-Level results and your UCAS application form. Applicants will be ranked by Departments and the final selection from the shortlist will be made by the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering.
Value of the Award
The successful Scholar will receive a cash bursary £1,500 in the first year of study and £1,000 in subsequent years. The award is for a maximum of 4 years, excluding repeat periods of study.
Outcome of the Award
The successful candidate will be notified by email no later than 31 July 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that the successful scholar will be expected to meet informally with the donors on occasions and will be required to submit a short statement of progress each year that will be shared with the donors.
This award is for students starting in the academic year 2023-24 and cannot be deferred. All scholarships are awarded subject to students accepting award Terms and Conditions.
If you have any queries regarding this scholarship, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.