The Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) is only open to passport holders of
- Hong Kong SAR,
- New Zealand,
- South Korea and
- British Overseas Citizens,
- British Overseas Territories Citizens and
- British Nationals Overseas.
Visa holders are permitted to carry out most jobs in the UK for up to 2 years.
In order to apply you must
- be aged 18-30 on the day of your application,
- be a passport holder of one of the countries specified,
- never have previously held a a Working Holidaymaker or Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa and
- have no dependants
- An applicant may only apply for this visa from outside the UK
- Show £ 1890 (equivalent in your home currency) in your bank account
Under this visa route you may
- be self-employed
- set up a company (as long as your premises are rented, your equipment isn't worth more than £ 5000 and you don't have any employees)
Once in the UK on a Tier 5 (Youth Mobility) visa it is not possible to extend this visa further nor to switch into any other visa route whilst in the UK.