Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarship
The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development bank established to foster economic development and social progress in its fifty-six member countries. The Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarships will support full-time postgraduate students demonstrating outstanding academic merit and/or potential starting a PhD course at the College.
To be eligible for the Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarship you must be admitted to Imperial College for PhD study and adhere to the following criteria:
- Be a national of any member country of the IDB;
- Fulfil the requirements of the IDB as set out on their website;
- Meet the College's English language requirements and also the UKBA minimum English language requirements in order to be eligible for the Tier 4 (general) visa. Further information on the English language requirements at Imperial is available on English language requirement webpage.
How to apply
Please follow these guidelines in this order:
- Applicants should apply for a PhD at the College following the standard procedure by 31 December 2017.
- Applicants should inform the College of their intention to apply for this scholarship once they have applied for PhD study via email.
- Send your scholarship application along with all the required documents to/through the Office of the IDB Governor for your country by (as set out on the IDB website).
What the Scholarship includes
Each scholarship will last for up to four full years for a full PhD scholarship and cover
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend in line with the IDB’s benefits package
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
Further information is available here on the IDB’s website.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact the Student Financial Support team.