Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarship
Please note: The agreement of this scholarship is under review. Therefore, this may not be available for 2020/21. Please check this page for futher updates.
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is a multilateral development bank established to foster economic development and social progress in its fifty-six member countries. The Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarships will support full-time postgraduate students demonstrating outstanding academic merit and/or potential starting a PhD course at the College.
To be eligible for the Islamic Development Bank – Imperial College Scholarship you must be admitted to Imperial College for PhD study and adhere to the following criteria:
- Be a national of any member country of the IsDB;
- Fulfil the requirements of the IsDB as set out on their website;
- Meet the College's English language requirements and also the UKBA minimum English language requirements in order to be eligible for the Tier 4 (general) visa. Further information on the English language requirements at Imperial is available on English language requirement webpage.
How to apply
Please follow these guidelines in this order:
- Applicants should apply for a PhD at the College following the standard procedure by 31 January 2019.
- Applicants should inform the College of their intention to apply for this scholarship once they have applied for PhD study via email.
- Complete the application process on the IsDB website by 28 February 2019.
What the Scholarship includes
Each scholarship will last for up to four full years for a full PhD scholarship and cover
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend in line with the IDB’s benefits package
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance
Further information is available on the IsDB website.
If you have any questions about the scheme, please contact the Student Financial Support team.