Presidential Scholarships for Black Students
Our new Presidential Scholarships for Black Students provide a package of financial and mentoring support for students applying for Master's study in autumn 2022.
One Presidential Scholarship is available in each Faculty (Business, Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences) for Black applicants who have Home fee status.
What does the scholarship cover?
Each scholarship covers:
- Full Home tuition fees up to £18,500 per year for eligible Master's courses;
- An annual maintenance grant of £16,500 per year;
- An allowance of £1,500 for equipment; and
- Mentoring support.
Who is eligible?
To meet the eligibility criteria for a Presidential Scholarship for Black Students, you must be in one of the following ethnic categories (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background – including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
Other eligibility criteria also apply – see How to apply below
How to apply
To apply for a Presidential Scholarship for Black Students, you need to:
- Search for the course you want to apply for. Please note that not all Master's courses may be eligible for a Presidential Scholarship – we will confirm any exclusions in November 2021.
- Create an online account and submit your application through our application portal and apply by the relevant deadline – use our guide to How to apply for additional help.
- Receive an offer of a place for 2022 entry.
- Firmly accept the offer by the relevant deadline.
- Complete our Presidential Scholarships application form – it will go live on this page in November 2021. Register your interest and we'll email you when it's available, as well as about other opportunities for Black students at Imperial.