COVID-19: Student Support
Information about Graduate School support for students impacted by COVID-19
Research Computing Skills – for Master’s and Doctoral Students
Students looking for additional support or to use the College’s central computing resource should contact Dr Katerina Michalickova, Senior Teaching Fellow - Research Computing Skills to gain a general introduction regarding what is available to them in this area. Alternatively, for questions relating to specific problems or software, they should contact the Research Computing Service directly.
Students, who require software engineering support should contact the Research Computing Service Research Software Engineers and/or join the Research Software Community at Imperial. Questions and queries from the Research Software Community are often answered quickly via their slack channel.
Useful links are as follows:
- Research Computing Service
- Research Software Engineering
- Research Software Community
- Research Software Engineering Slack Group
Student Coaching Programme - Master's and Doctoral Students
The Graduate School’s team of qualified coaches are available for online student coaching sessions. The Graduate School's student coaching programme has been established to provide you with an opportunity to talk, independently from your academic department. Find out more
Listening to your Concerns
- Please read the information and guidance published on the College’s Covid-19 webpages.
- You may also find the information published by the Research Office on the impact of Covid-19 on research funding helpful.
- If you have specific concerns about the impact of Covid-19 on your programme of study or research, which are not addressed on the College’s website, please raise these with Laura Lane. The Graduate School will work with the Registry and the Research Office to answer your queries and update College guidance, where appropriate.