Course Quality and Strategic Development Committee
To provide quality assurance for individual Graduate School courses and strategic oversight of all Graduate School activities.
Terms of Reference:
- To provide strategic oversight, vision and direction for the development of all Graduate School activities.
- To be responsible for the quality assurance of individual new and existing Graduate School courses as stipulated in the Graduate School’s course approval and evaluation procedure.
- To review applications to accredit professional skills course delivered elsewhere and to consider the re-approval of previously accredited courses which are due for review.
- To receive reports from national and international meetings, workshops, seminars, groups etc. relating to postgraduate education and professional development.
- To have oversight of Graduate School operational processes ensuring the Graduate School provides excellent service to all its stakeholders.
- To receive regular reports from the Graduate School’s Emerging Project Groups.
- To serve as Steering Group for the World Class Research Supervision task and finish groups.
- To make recommendations to the Graduate School’s Postgraduate Professional Development Committee (PPDC), as appropriate.
- To ensure the Graduate School provides a range of engaging and inspiring events and to receive reports on the success of events.
- To consider applications for funding to support departmental cohort building activities.
- To have oversight of educational research undertaken by the Graduate School and to approve submission of this for publication.
|Director of the Graduate School, Chair||Professor Yun Xu|
|Deputy Director of the Graduate School||Professor Tony Magee|
|Deputy Director of the Graduate School (Professional Skills)||Professor Peter Allison|
|Head of Postgraduate Professional Development||Dr Janet De Wilde|
|Head of Strategy & Operations, Secretary||Mrs Laura Lane|
|Manager of Graduate School Administration||Ms Bethan Ritchie|