Data Science: Basic Statistics
This foundational course will introduce basic statistical concepts, focusing on methods for visualising and summarising sampled data. It is intended primarily for research students who haven’t used statistics for a long time. The course aims to equip students with the most essential statistical concepts and skills, to give them more confidence in presenting their own data and interpreting the results of others.
On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the need for statistics in scientific studies
- Interpret graphical representations of sampled data
- Calculate descriptive statistics for sampled data
- Apply the normal distribution to answer questions about a population
- Identify potential sources of bias in a scientific study
Dates & Booking Information
- Wednesday 20 October 2021, 14:00-17:00, MS Teams
- Thursday 25 November 2021, 14:00-17:00, MS Teams
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.