Data Science: Data Processing with R
Tutor: Dr John Pinney
Course Level: Level 2
Prerequisites: Familiarity with R as a programming language.
Duration: 2x 2.5 hour sessions
Format: Microsoft Teams with live teaching and hands-on practice
Building on the material covered by R Programming, this workshop will introduce the tidyverse packages, which support advanced data processing and visualisation in R.
- R as a data-handling environment
- The tidyverse packages
- Reading tabular data with readr
- Tidying data with tidyr
- Transforming data with dplyr
- Data visualisation with ggplot2
- Applying statistical tests to tabular data
After completing this workshop, you will be better able to:
- Use R to import and tidy tabular data.
- Combine data from multiple sources.
- Transform data to generate derived variables.
- Apply statistical tests to data in R.
- Create high-quality data visualisations.
|Tuesday 25 May 2021, 14:00-16:30 (Part One)
Wednesday 26 May 2021, 14:00-16:30 (Part Two)
|Tuesday 22 June 2021, 14:00-16:30 (Part One)
Wednesday 23 June 2021, 14:00-16:30 (Part Two)
Students must attend both parts to be awarded the course credit