Data Science: R Programming
Tutor: Dr John Pinney
Course Level: Level 1
Prerequisites: No prior programming experience is required
Duration: 2x 2.5 hour sessions
Format: Microsoft Teams with live teaching and hands-on practice
This course provides an introduction to R as a programming language. We will not look at data handling or statistical tests in detail, as these are beyond the scope of this introductory course.
The course will include a lot of hands-on practice using the using the RStudio environment.
- Basic calculations
- Data structures (vectors, matrices and data frames)
- Control structures (if, while and for)
- Importing data
- Plotting charts
On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Use RStudio to work with R notebooks.
- Apply fundamental components of the R language including variables, loops, conditionals, functions and data structures.
- Import data from a file to make simple plots.
- Create programs designed to solve simple problems
|Monday 01 March 2021, 10:00-12:00 (Part One)
Wednesday 03 March 2021, 10:00-12:00 (Part Two)
Friday 05 March 2021, 10:00-12:00 (Part Three)
FULLY BOOKED, waiting list spaces available
|Tuesday 04 May 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part One)
Wednesday 05 May 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part Two)
Thursday 06 May 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part Three)
|Wednesday 02 June 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part One)
Thursday 03 June 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part Two)
Friday 04 June 2021, 13:00-15:00 (Part Three)
Students must attend all parts to be awarded the course credit