Communicating Research in Schools
- Tuesday 21 June 2022
13:00-15:00, South Kensington
Learn about and practice communication techniques to help you develop talks and activities for school aged audiences. The course also covers the practical aspects of working in schools. Students who have completed this course can register to become an ‘Outreach Postgraduate Ambassador’ and receive details of opportunities available through the Outreach Office to work with schools.
On completion of this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify topics within your research specialism that can excite younger audiences
- Recognise the benefits of working with younger audiences.
- Practice using appropriate language and activities to engage younger audiences.
- Develop understanding of the school environment and your responsibilities when working with schools
- Apply your communication skills with schools through the Outreach Office.
Please note that if you have attended training for the Reaching Further programme run by the Outreach Office, you should not attend this course, as the material overlaps
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.