Public Engagement: Create your own activity
- Monday 09 May 2022
10:00-11:00, MS Teams
Engaging researchers go out of their way to involve the public with their research. They open opportunities for others to get involved, provide new perspectives on the value of their work, and stimulate people to be curious about the world of research. In this course you will create content for public engagement for a specific audience with a purpose. During the live session, you will peer assess each other’s content and provide constructive feedback.
As part of the pre-course requirement, you will need to listen to a voice-over-slide recording (20 minutes) followed by creating your own public engagement activity (120 minutes or more) which will need to be uploaded on to Padlet one week prior to the live session.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why we need to engage the public with our research
- Identify your audiences’ expectations and challenges
- Analyse and identify the most engaging part of your research
- Design and employ different ways of engaging with the public
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your public engagement activities
How to Book
Please select a date and book on via Inkpath using your Imperial Single-Sign-On.