Considering a future as an entrepreneur? Want to start a new business? Or are you an innovator aiming to join an existing team?
You’ll have the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience you need to bring your ideas to life.
Our dedicated Enterprise team can help you find your way around the College’s network of programmes, facilities and initiatives, including:
- WE Innovate @ Imperial programme: designed to encourage female students with an enterprising idea through a series of exclusive development and mentoring opportunities, offering the chance to win £10,000 in funding
- Imperial College Advanced Hackspace: enables you to turn your ideas into physical prototypes with free access to a network of facilities across our campuses, as well as regular hackathons and workshops
- The Invention Rooms: a brand new space at our White City Campus, offering access to workshop technologies and specialist prototyping and manufacturing equipment
You can win prize money to help fund your ideas through our competitions around the college. This includes Dragon’s Den style competitions and the annual Venture Catalyst Challenge, helping new inventors take their ideas beyond the planning stage.
Imperial has a very active student entrepreneur community.
Student-run enterprising societies include:
- Imperial Entrepreneurs: the launchpad for the next generation of technology entrepreneurs at Imperial
- Imperial App Society: which inspires students to share ideas and transform their environment by developing mobile apps
- E.quinox: a humanitarian organisation working to bring cost-effective and renewable energy to developing countries
- Enactus: committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the lives of people in need, running a wide variety of social enterprise projects that span the globe