Add an international dimension to your experience. From funded research expeditions to international work experience.
Research and work abroad
Work in world-leading research universities and undertake a professional skills course through the Global Fellows Programme. This will enhance both your personal and research effectiveness.
Work placements and internships outside the UK are available to our students through the Placement and Internship Unit.
Expeditions and societies
You can organise or participate in an international research expedition through the Imperial College Exploration Board. Past expeditions include cycling in Mongolia, trekking in Crete and mountaineering in Iceland.
Join an overseas focused student society within Imperial College Union to volunteer and make an impact abroad.
- Engineers without Borders – offering a mixture of hands-on projects and training to show you how to use your engineering skills to help those most in need.
- Global Brigades – student volunteers travel to Central America and Africa to establish mobile medical clinics in under-resourced communities.
- El Salvador – providing engineering solutions to poor communities in El Salvador, who face devastating earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and landslides.
- E.quinox – providing rural communities in developing countries with portable battery boxes from a kiosk, where they are charged up using solar energy.
- Project Nepal – organising annual trips to Nepal to help local communities.