How our selection process works
Once we receive your application from UCAS, here's what happens next:
- An admissions officer within our central Admissions team will read your application first. They will check that your application meets the minimum entry requirements for your chosen Imperial course(s).
- Applications that meet the required standard are passed to the relevant academic department.
- In the department, your application will be evaluated by experienced admissions tutors who will consider your application in a holistic manner.
- Our admissions tutor won't just look at your grades; they will also consider other aspects of your application – see below for more information.
- If you are invited for an interview/admissions day, this will form part of your entire application which the department will consider.
- If you have any questions about the application process, we recommend contacting the relevant Admissions team first of all. It's also worth checking our frequently asked questions page.
We'll let UCAS know the decision on your application and you will receive an email to say there's an update, which you can view by signing into your UCAS account.
The department may also contact you separately to let you know their decision.
We aim to make all decisions by the end of March 2022 for entry in 2022.