Presidential Scholarships for students of Black heritage
Our new Presidential Scholarships for students of Black heritage provide a package of financial and mentoring support for students applying for undergraduate study in autumn 2022.
One Presidential Scholarship is available in each Faculty (Engineering, Medicine and Natural Sciences) for Black firm-choice offer holders who:
What does the scholarship cover?
Each scholarship covers:
- the full cost of tuition for the duration of your course*
- mentoring support
(*for up to four years, excluding repeat years)
The scholarships are paid on top of any other financial support you may also be eligible for. This includes:
Who is eligible?
To meet the eligibility criteria for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you must be in one of the following ethnic heritages (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background – including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
How to apply
To apply for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you need to:
- Apply for one of our 2022 entry undergraduate courses – by 15 October 2021 if you’re applying for our MBBS Medicine course, or by 26 January if you’re applying for any other courses. Unsure of how to apply? See our step-by-step guide
- Receive an offer of a place for 2022 entry by the scholarship deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time) on 25 May 2022
- Firmly accept the offer by the relevant deadline. You must choose Imperial College London as your firm choice with UCAS to be eligible for this award
- Complete our Presidential Scholarships application form by the scholarship deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time) 25 May 2022
If you have any questions about eligibility or this scholarship please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Outcome of scholarship
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July 2022.