To use our influence with our suppliers and partners to procure environmentally-friendly supplies and services, to reduce consumption and, where possible, purchase goods and services which may be manufactured, used and disposed of in an environmentally-responsible way.
- develop appropriate metrics to measure progress in influencing our suppliers and partners to procure environmentally- friendly supplies and services;
- assess all potential suppliers on their environmental policies such as BS7750, EMAS and ISO 14001, and continually monitor our major suppliers on their environmental policies and practices;
- work with major suppliers to develop and share, where appropriate, environmental policies and minimise the supplier base to reduce the College’s carbon footprint;
- support staff to understand the environmental impact of purchases, considering the whole life cycle cost of equipment and services.
Measures of progress
- Increase in percentage of purchases from environmentally responsible suppliers.