A place to work, live and visit
Front-facing student services, including registry, Student Hub, the Library, the Disability Advisory Service and Student Union are available on a timetabled basis in the common room of the MSRH. Counselling and welfare will continue to be offered at South Kensington Campus, with plans to create services at the White City and Hammersmith Campus in due course.
The Support Services Coordinator, Emily Salandy, is also available every weekday in the MSRH common room from 09.00 to 17.00 for staff and student enquiries. Emily can be contacted by phone on 020 7594 2535.
|Wednesday||ICU||Disability Advisory Services* **|
|Thursday||Careers Service*||Student Hub|
*These are appointment based services. Please click on the services you'd like to make an appointment for and complete the booking requests. Please note that the Careers Service appointments can be booked from one week in advance.
** The Disabilities Advisory Service are currently offering monthly appointments. The next available appointments are 6 February, 6 March and 8 May. Dates and frequency of appointments are subject to change.
Food and drink
- In Summer 2018, the Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB) opened an outlet of the popular café and restaurant chain Benugo, serving barrista-style coffee and fresh sandwiches, as well as larger dishes.
- In December 2018, The Invention Room’s public Interaction Zone opened a café serving food and some hot snacks, with discounts for Imperial Staff and Students.
- Imperial’s Wolfson café and restaurant at the Hammersmith Campus offers a selection of hot and cold lunch items including jacket potatoes, salads and a deli bar, with discounts for Imperial staff and students.
- Further cafes and food outlets are scheduled to open at both the North and South sites of the Campus in 2019.
The immediate and surrounding area
- There is a Nisa Local grocery store and newsagent directly opposite the White City Campus.
- The White City Place Development - on the opposite side of Wood Lane to Imperial’s campus - has a Starbucks café with ample seating and a Tesco Express supermarket store.
- White City Place has a host of restaurants including Greek eatery, the Athenian; quick service Italian concept Coco di Mama; and American goods bakery Butterscotch, amongst others.
- Televison Centre also hosts a Bluebird cafe, Kricket, The Allis lounge-bar and unorthodox pizza outlet Homeslice.
- Westfield London, to the south of the campus, also has dozens of food outlets and restaurant chains.
- To the North of the Campus, there is a traditional British pub, The Pavilion, which is on the junction of Wood Lane and North Pole Road; Thai restaurant The Fusion by Kai, on Latimer Road; and café bar Ariadne’s Nektar, also on Latimer Road.
- White City place (see above) has a large lawn and amphitheatre, which frequently hosts pop-up food vans.
- The nearest public parks, within a 20 minute walk, are Wormwood Scrubs Open Space, with 18 hectares of tree cover and 22 hectares of long grass meadow; Little Wormwood Scrubs, a Site of Importance for Nature Conservation (SINC); and Kensington Memorial Park.
Westway Sports and Fitness Centre
From September, students and staff at the White City and Hammersmith Campuses are being offered discounted access to the Westway Sports and Fitness Centre. The Centre is around a 15min walk away from the White City Campus and has a 100 station gym and exercise studio, large climbing wall, tennis courts and artificial floodlit football pitches. For students there will be no monthly fees (with an annual administration fee). Staff will be offered monthly discounted rates, on a par with the current cost of Club Imperial facilities.
South Kensington Campus
Staff and students who sign-up for services at the Westway Sports and Fitness Centre will also be able to use the swimming pool at the Imperial-run Ethos centre at South Kensington (there is no swimming pool at the Westway Sports and Fitness Centre), but not the gym at Ethos, South Kensington.
The Imperial-run Energia Gym, located in the sub-basement of the Commonwealth Building at Hammersmith campus is open to students, Imperial and NHS staff.
- Gradpad at White City offers accommodation to 600 postgraduate students
- Imperial’s Residential Tower is offering 59 apartments available to rent for Imperial keyworkers at a range of discounts to market. The other 133 units will be rented on the open market. It is expected that the first residents will move in February 2019.
- Shinfield Street, immediately behind the campus on Shinfield Street, are purpose built for Imperial staff. A total of 9, three-bedroom properties are available to rent as either room-only (for single occupancy only) or as a complete flat, ideal for families.
Staff and students based at White City who have children aged between 6 months and 5 years will be eligible for places at the Early Years education centre at 8 Prince's Gardens at the South Kensington Campus – which is expanding capacity from 158 places to 214 places from January 2019. Parents based at White City who have places for their children at Prince’s Gardens Early Years centre will be offered preferential transport onboard shuttle buses and extended hours for pick-up and drop off at the centre.