Supporting world-class research
Work at the Molecular Sciences Research Hub focuses on six core research themes: chemical biology and healthcare; energy; environmental and green chemistry; imaging, sensing and analytical chemistry; materials and molecular design; and synthesis and catalysis.
The research aims to address six societal and industrial challenges:
- understanding how disease works on the molecular level
- developing clean sources of energy
- meeting the food and water needs of a growing world population
- unlocking new ways to visualise and probe the world around us
- creating materials for the twenty-first century
- applying advances in molecular science to the manufacturing process.