Introduction to Matlab
Adam Townsend, Mathematics and CM Hub
This class teaches the fundamentals of Matlab. It is designed for beginners to Matlab and assumes no prior programming experience. Participants are welcome to bring a laptop with Matlab installed for the multiple hands-on exercises during the class.
- Where Matlab sits among other programming languages / mathematical software
- Awareness of the Matlab desktop environment
- Command-line arithmetic
- Use of variables
- Creating vectors and matrices
- Matrix arithmetic
- Matrix manipulation
- Inversion of matrices (and when this is a bad idea)
- Saving and reading data
- Plotting in 2D and 3D
- Writing and calling simple scripts and functions
Please register for June 13 and 14, 2019 (two-part class).