The scale of the problem
Professor Paul Matthews, Edmond and Lily Safra Chair and Associate Director, UK Dementia Research Institute, explains Alzheimer's disease and dementia, how large a problem they are, and how the UK Dementia Research Institute at Imperial College London will work to address them.
In pursuing this goal, the Institute will work across six core programmes:
- Ageing, environment and lifestyle
- The microbiome and brain health
- Novel bioelectronics technologies
- Sleep as a protectant against dementia
- Neural-circuit plasticity in neurodegeneration
- Glial-neuronal interactions
Updates and news
A number of new positions will be announced soon within the UK DRI Centre at Imperial. Opportunities include postdoctoral researchers, bioinformaticists and a project officer.
Neurotechnology for Dementia Workshop
Chicheley Hall, Buckinghamshire
This engaging workshop brought together clinical and technological expertise to explore the state of the art and emerging technology concepts for support of discovery, diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of dementias.
Find out more.