The scale of the problem
Professor Paul Matthews, Edmond and Lily Safra Chair and Associate Director, UK Dementia Research Institute, explains Alzheimer's disease and dementia, how large a problem they are, and how the UK Dementia Research Institute at Imperial College London will work to address them.
In pursuing this goal, the Institute will work across six core programmes:
- Ageing, environment and lifestyle
- The microbiome and brain health
- Novel bioelectronics technologies
- Sleep as a protectant against dementia
- Neural-circuit plasticity in neurodegeneration
- Glial-neuronal interactions
Updates and news
We are currently recruiting oustanding researchers for the following positions:
- Edmond and Lily Safra-UK DRI Research Fellow x4
- Research Technicians x3
Neurotechnology for Dementia Workshop
Chicheley Hall, Buckinghamshire
Tuesday 14 - Thursday 16 May 2019
The engaging workshop brough together clinical and technological expertise for exploration of the state of the art and emerging technology concepts for support of discovery, diagnosis, monitoring or treatment of dementias.
Find out more.