Christianity has a long and rich history of meditation and contemplative prayer. These ancient Christian traditions have their roots in the monasteries of the desert hermits of the second century. Jesus himself often prayed in times of stillness and solitude. Many of these long established practices are now shared by Christians from Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox Churches. We offer a range of meditations practices including:
- silence and stillness
- slow reading of scripture (Lectio Divina)
- using imagination to encounter scripture (Ignatian Contemplation)
- meditation review of the day or a project
- Centering prayer
- using experience and emotions in prayer
- discernment when making changes in life
These practices also have many resonances with the contemporary practice of Mindfulness meditation.
This event will now be held virtually.
Please download Zoom. The link for the Zoom meeting will be sent out via Mailchimp to students and staff via our mailing list. Please subscribe to the list with your college email – including RCA and RCM addresses. (You only need to subscribe once to each mailing list)