The Centre for Clinical Aplication of Particles (CCAP) is hosting a half-day workshop on low-energy ion-beam diagnostics. The goals of the workshop are:
- to explore the current state-of-the-art low-energy ion-beam diagnostics;
- to discuss the needs of existing and future facilities; and
- to showcase new products and technologies.
The workshop will include a tour of the laser-driven ion-beam facilities at Imperial, an industry exhibition and a poster session.
The meeting will be held in Room 119 in the Sir Alexander Flemming Building. The SAF building is here and the room is on the first floor up the stairs as you come in. The poster session and exhibition will be in the concourse area outside Room 119.
13:00 – 13:30 Arrival and registration.
13:30 – 15:00 Talks and discussions.
- CCAP – Ken Long
- Diagnostics for LhARA: a Laser-based Beam Line for Clinical Applications – Ajit Kurup
- Diagnostics at the CLF – Ceri Brenner
- Pixel detectors for laser-driven proton and carbon ion acceleration at CALA – Franz Englbrecht
- What are the limitations of technologies in current use?
- What are the diagnostic needs of new facilities?
- Which new or improved technologies are being pursued?
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 – 16:30 Tour of the laser lab and Gabor lens.
16:30 – 18:00 Reception including poster session and exhibition.