Geotechnics PhD Student Life
PhD Student Life
Photo of the PhD students and post-doctoral researchers in 2016
PhD Alumni Event March 2017
PhD students meeting PhD Alumni, March 2017
Our current students feel that the Geotechnical Section at Imperial College London is a great place to do a PhD because:
- You become part of a renowned and active research group
- There are excellent laboratory and numerical facilities
- The weekly meetings among PhDs give the opportunity discuss critical points of one’s research and seek advice from fellow students;
- You get broad feedback when you present your work in progress tothe whole section during research seminars that take place during the first and third year of the PhD
- There are social events all year long
- There are a wide variety of courses offered by the college, such as academic English courses , programming courses and other courses offered by the graduate school.
- The current research group also aims at maintaining a tight connection to the section’s alumni: in March 2017 an alumni event was organised and over seventy people were in attendance, allowing a formidable exchange between multiple generations of researchers.
Find out about current PhD research and how to apply on our postgraduate research page.