Address and contacts
Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ
Tel +44 (0)20 7589 5111
About the campus
South Kensington is our main campus and it is here that most undergraduate and postgraduate activity takes place. It's a compact site in the heart of 'Albertopolis' and is home to a huge range of architectural styles from the Edwardian Royal School of Mines building to the ultra-modern Norman Foster-designed Business School. There's plenty of green space too, including a beautiful landscaped square, with our famous Queen's Tower at one end.
Facilities on site include the Central Library, sports facilities, Imperial College Union, Student Hub (one-stop-shop for all key student services), catering outlets, health and dental surgery, Disability Advisory Service and Early Years.
Information about the accessibility of the South Kensington Campus is available online through the DisabledGo access guides
How to find us
The nearest Underground station is South Kensington, on the District, Circle and Piccadilly lines.
- Plan your route with the Transport for London journey planner.
From London City Airport
Take the DLR to Canning Town, then by Underground, Jubilee line to Green Park and the Piccadilly line to South Kensington (journey time 40 minutes) .
From Heathrow airport
Heathrow Express, 15 mins to Paddington mainline station, then the Underground, Circle line to South Kensington.
Or take the Underground, Piccadilly Line to South Kensington station (50 minutes travelling time).
From Gatwick airport
Gatwick Express, 30 mins to Victoria mainline station, then by Underground, District or Circle lines to South Kensington.
Or take a national rail train to Victoria station (journey time 40 minutes) and then by Underground, Circle or District Line; westbound to South Kensington.
From Stansted airport
Stansted Express, 50 mins to Liverpool Street main line station, and then by Underground, Circle line to South Kensington.
Heathrow. Gatwick and Stansted airports are some distance from London and a taxi is not recommended for the whole journey. However, if you have to travel by taxi, establish the cost before you get in.
Take a British Rail train from the port of entry to London (Harwich to London journey time 1hr 30 mins; Dover to London journey time up to 2hrs) and then travel by Underground to South Kensington Station.
From South Kensington Station, the campus is only a five minute walk. Either follow the subway signposted to the museums or walk north up Exhibition Road. The College is next to the Science Museum.
South Kensington Campus is easily accessible by bus. A number of routes pass within easy walking distance of the campus. Please see the selection below for more information:
- 9 Aldwych - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 10 Kings Cross Station - Hammersmith Broadway, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 52 Victoria Bus Station - Willesden Bus Garage, alight at the Royal Albert Hall
- 360 Elephant and Castle Station - Prince Consort Rd, alight at Prince Consort Rd
- 14 Tottenham Court Road - Putney Heath, alight at South Kensington Station
- 49 Battersea Rise - Shepherd's Bush Grn, alight at South Kensington Station
- 70 Acton - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 74 Baker Street Station - Putney, alight at South Kensington Station
- 345 Peckham Bus Station - South Kensington Station, alight at South Kensington Station
- 414 Maida Vale - Putney Bridge, alight at South Kensington Station
- 430 South Kensington Station - Minstead Gardens SW15
Car parking at South Kensington Campus is severely restricted and you are advised NOT to bring a car unless permission has been given. The car park is open to the public from 18.00 to Midnight on weekdays and from 08.00 to Midnight on weekends. Please note that overnight parking is not permitted. Parking in the streets surrounding the College is at pay and display or parking meters for limited periods only.
The postcode to use for satellite navigation to the South Kensington car park is SW7 2BX . Entry is via Exhibition Road.