What we do
We work to transform health and care for all through evidence-based innovation. We focus on health and care challenges where we believe we can make the greatest impact; from health policy to medical robotics, the breadth of what we do is one of our defining strengths. By blending the varied expertise of our Centres of Excellence, our multi-disciplinary Institute has the agility to respond to emerging needs as they arise.
To accelerate transformation in health and care, our people work across the entire innovation cycle. We…
- Identify areas in need of innovation
- Build the capacity and expertise needed to tackle global health issues through education and training
- Generate the evidence base for solutions that could address the needs we identify
- Develop and evaluate new systems, products and policies that seek to improve global health and care, including through first-in-human trials
- Translate and disseminate these approaches across real-world settings, bringing benefits for patients, professionals and health systems alike.
Explore our main areas of work using the links below.
Our work is made possible through our Centres of Excellence that innovate across medicine, policy, technology and design. Our Centres collaborate to share knowledge, skills and expertise so that we can solve bigger problems and accelerate progress in healthcare. Find out more about our Centres here.
Centre for Health Policy
The Centre for Health Policy's vision is to catalyse the development, uptake and diffusion of innovative, evidence-based health policy globally.
Hamlyn Centre for Robotic Surgery
The Hamlyn Centre works to develop safe, effective and accessible imaging, sensing and robotic technologies to shape the future of healthcare.
Helix focuses on transforming healthcare using design to make the UK a global hub for high-impact yet simple, cost-effective innovation.