News and events
This page is updated regularly with the latest news and events from the ITMAT Data Science Group.
- B. Crum has a new paper in Plos One on "Implementation of clinical tractography for pre-surgical planning of space occupying lesions: An investigation of common acquisition and post-processing methods compared to dissection studies" [Apr.]
- B. Crum has a new paper in the Journal of Nuclear Medicine on "Monitoring response to transarterial chemoembolization in hepatocellular carcinoma using 18F-Fluorothymidine Positron Emission Tomography" [March].
- R. Glen has a new paper in the Journal of Computer-Aided Molecular Design on "Validating the validation: reanalyzing a large-scale comparison of deep learning and machine learning models for bioactivity prediction". LINK [Jan.]
- 3 papers accepted for oral presention at the IEEE ISBI'20 conference in Iowa City. Two from MSc thesis works of two Imperial students! [Jan.]
- Two abstracts accepted for presention at the American Thoracic Society Meeting this May. [Jan.]
- MRC-Partnership Grant with the NDAU group at Hospital of Chelsea & Westminster funded! [Nov.]
- E. Angelini visited the INRIA and the University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis for a PhD defense [Oct.]
- R. Glen has two papers in the Bioninformatics journal on the R package SPUTNIK and the nPYc-Toolbox Python module [Sept]
- The group has organized the 3rd ITMAT Workshop on 'Data Science Challenges in Translational Medicine', organised at the Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London. [Sept]
- E. Angelini attended an expert pannel on Data Science for the FWO - Flander Foundation (Brussels, Belgium). [Sept.]
- Our 5 MSc students in Machine Learning succesfully defended their projects. All got "Distinction" and one project even got a "Distinguished" mark! [Sept.]
- F. Guitton has a paper accepted in MICCAI [August]
- E. Angelini has a paper published in JAMA [August]
- P. Blakeley has 2 papers accepted: Nature Communications & Nature Human Behavior [july]
- E. Angelini has one paper accepted in the IEEE Journal on Biomedical and Health Informatics. [July]
- Abstract accepted at the VIP-Image Conference. [July]
- Sam Greenbury presented his work at the UK Neonatal Medicine Meeting (Tweeter post). [June]
- One intern from Telecom ParisTech joined the group for her MSc research project. [June]
- 5 MSc students in Machine Learning started their research project with us. [May]
- R. Glen has a paper in Analytical Chemistry on machine learning for mass spectrometry imaging [Apr.]
- E. Angelini was part a the PhD evaluation committee of Silas Ørting at the University of Copenhagen (Denmark). [Apr.]
- E. Angelini attended the IEEE ISBI'19 conference in Venice. One oral presentation from one of our Master student! [Apr.]
- 1 paper accepted in IEEE Journal on Biomedical and Health Informatics. [Dec.]
- 4 papers accepted at the IEEE ISBI'19 conference ! [Dec.]
- Elsa Angelini attended an expert pannel on Data Science for the FWO - Flander Foundation (Brussels, Belgium). [Nov.]
- Jinyi Wu joined the group as a RA, supported by a fellowship from the Chelsea & Wesminster hospital, to work with the Neonatal Research Database. [Nov.]
- Santosh Atanur participated in the organization of the 2nd Imperial College "Genomic Symposium". [Nov.]
- Mario Zusag (MSc student from DoC) was awarded Distinguished status for his work on Weakly-supervised Deep Learning for lung CT images (link). [Oct.]
- David Mosen-Ansorena co-organised the first Imperial RNA-seq introductory workshop (5-days). Fully subscribed! [Sept.]
- 2 MRes students started their project with the group on outlier detection within neuroimaging cohorts and DL for survival prediction with TCGA genomic data. [Sept.]
- Elsa Angelini teaching at the IEEE EMBS Summer School on Medical Imaging. [July]
- Second ITMAT Workshop on 'Data Science Challenges in Translational Medicine', orginsed at the Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London. [June]
- Elsa Angelini is part of the PhD committee of Sandro Filipe Monteiro Queirós, at University do Monho, Portugal. [May]
- 4 Master Students from the Department of Computing started their research projects on Machine Learning and Medical Imaging. [April]
- Elsa Angelini attends the IEEE ISBI Conference in Washington DC (USA) [April].
- The group is awarded two research projects by the ITMAT Imperial BRC funding scheme.
- Elsa Angelini attends the SPIE Medical Imaging Conference in Houston (USA) [Feb.].
- Elsa Angelini represents the group at the NIHR Imperial BRC Infection and AMR theme workshop.
- Elsa Angelini attends the IEEE EMBS Adcom meeting in San Diego (USA) [Jan.]
- Paul Blakeley joins the group as the new Biostatistics Data Scientist [Jan].
- Elsa Angelini attends an expert pannel for the FWO - Flander Foundation (Brussels, Belgium) [Nov.]
- Santosh Atanur participats in the organization of the 1st Imperial College "Genomic Symposium". [Nov.]
- Three MRes students start their projects with the group on Neonatal data registry curation, Genomic-Imaging and Phenotyping from neuro-images.
- Florian Guitton joins the group as a UKBiobank data system engineer, in collaboration with the DSI. [Oct.]
- Robert Glen gives a plenary talk at the 150th anniversary of the German Chemical Society.
- Two papers presented at the MICCAI conference [April].
Santosh Atanur is awarded two ITMAT projects: one "Developing Capacities" type, as PI, and one "Push for Impact" as co-I.
- Elsa Angelini attends the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Conference, gathering the chairs of all the EMBS technical committees for a half-day workshop.
- David Mosen-Ansorena attends the International Summer School on Deep Learning (DeepLearn 2017).
- Elsa Angelini attends the IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging, with two papers presented and as chair of the ISBI Steering Committee.
- First ITMAT Workshop on 'Data Science Challenges in Translational Medicine', 20 February 2017 at Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London. Further information and registration are available on the ITMAT Data Science Group's workshop registration page.
- Elsa Angelini attends the SPIE Medical Imaging Conference 2017 as co-chair of the Image Processing sub-conference.
- Robert Glen leads the Networking session on Big Data at the launch of the Imperial College - Institute of Cancer Research "Cancer Research Centre of Excellence" on February 22nd.