Calls for Proposals
Under the auspices of a £4.7 M investment from EPSRC, Imperial College London, and our industrial partners, the ROAR facility will be fully-funded until the end of 2020, allowing us to reduce the access charges. Access is open to researchers from Imperial College and other UK institutions. All applications to access ROAR under the subsidised route will be subjected to scientific review by our internationally leading Scientific Advisory Group.
It is highly recommended that applicants discuss their project requirements with ROAR staff prior to submitting an application. This will help to ensure that the project is technically feasible, and within the limitations of our equipment.
We had a webinar on Monday the 18th of February 2019 where potential applicants asked us questions about the ROAR Access Application process. You may download a copy of the webinar presentation as a pdf here. If you have further questions please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for subsidised access to ROAR a project must meet the following criteria:
- The project must fall under the remit of the Dial-a-Molecule Grand Challenge Network
- The project must be able to comply with all research data collected in ROAR being automatically deposited in an open access repository following an agreed embargo period (typically 12 months)
How to Apply
The research proposal is expected to be 2 sides of A4, but can be up to 3 sides if necessary. To ensure legibility, please do not use font size smaller than 11 (minimum). It should include the following:
- Sufficient background to set the research in context, and any preliminary results or method development.
- A description of the experiments which are proposed, including the techniques required, proposed measurement strategy, and any particular requirements of the experiments (e.g. temperature, pressure, moisture/air sensitivity).
- Expected results and their significance in the respective field of research
|Batching Date||Capability Areas Open for Proposals|
|Friday 8th March 2019||Reaction Kinetics Platforms and Advanced Analytical Suite|
|Friday 31st May 2019||Continuous Flow Reaction Platforms and Advanced Analytical Suite|
|Friday 2nd August 2019||All capabilities|
|Friday 29th November 2019||All capabilities|
|Friday 27th March 2020||All capabilities|
|Friday 31st July 2020||All capabilities|
|The deadline for submission is 23:59 (GMT/BST) on the dates listed above.|
A limited portion of facility time is available for commercially-sensitive projects with tight project timelines. There are additional charges for priority access to the facility. Please email ROAR@imperial.ac.uk for further information.