COVID-19 funder guidance
The Research Office will be interfacing with funders regularly to help them respond to the needs of their community. Remember that funders are also affected, so there could be an impact on funding application or reporting deadlines. Funders will update their guidance as and when the situation changes, so always refer to their webpages for the latest information.
If you require further assistance, contact your local research support team in the first instance (i.e. Department administration and Faculty Research Services) to discuss your situation in more detail. If you have a particularly complex query which cannot be answered by current funder guidance, contact the Research Office.
The list below will be updated with funder information as and when it is received. Funder guidance is evolving, so please notify the Research Office if you receive information from other funders so we can update this page.
- Academy of Medical Sciences
- Alzheimer’s Research UK - a further Alzheimers UK Position Statement 30-04-2020 pending a website update.
- British Academy
- British Council
- British Heart Foundation
- Cancer Research UK
- Diabetes UK
- European Commission COVID-19 update
- Imperial Health Charity
- Innovate UK – Innovate UK update and information on No cost extensions [pdf]
- Kidney Research UK
- Leverhulme Trust
- MS Society
- National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - FAQs - COVID-19 Flexibilities
- Parkinson's UK
- Prostate Cancer UK
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- The Royal Society
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) - Research Councils, Innovate UK (please also see separate listing for Innovate UK)
- Versus Arthritis FAQs and important statement from the Director of Research
- Wellcome Trust - important update on Supplementary Grant Funding [pdf]
- Worldwide Cancer Research - important update Worldwide Cancer Research Funding Statement
- Youth Endowment Fund COVID-19 Information for Researchers