COVID-19 Travel Insurance Advice
- Please see FAQ's
- Please see EGENCIA FAQ's
- For further information please go to about/covid-19
- If your query hasn't been answered through the FAQ, please contact the Insurance Manager below
Chantal Coulson - Insurance Manager
Phone: (+44) 020 7594 7135
- Insurers - Royal Sun Alliance (RSA) for all business trips
- Travel Assistance - Drum Cussac (Travel Security) and Healix (Medical Assistance and Travellers Helpline)
- No cover for pure holidays
- Limited cover for private travel dependent on number of business travel days - see Incidental travel (pdf)
- Travel risk management considerations needed for sanctioned countries or businesses - see sanctions information
- Useful information sources:
RSA Travel app for pre travel information as well as pre programmed access to insurers 24 hour helpline. The app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You need to enter the Policy number RTT 306251 as part of the registration process.
Emergency contact card (pdf) 25kb (College log in required)
If you are travelling overseas on College business either short or long trips, you must register your travel to be insured with the College.
So we have a central record of travellers you need to complete the Insurance Travel Registration Form
Imperial College offers the registration to staff in order to assist in their travel arrangements whilst acting as representatives of Imperial College London. The collection and processing of information will only be used for the purpose of travel management and in accordance to the staff Privacy notices. Full details are available.
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) allows UK residents to receive free or reduced cost medical care when travelling or staying temporarily in an EU country or Switzerland. The card is valid for five years and covers medical care if you become ill or have an accident during your trip. Also see Occupational Health's webpage Travel.
You can also download an EHIC app (iOS, Android and Windows) to a smartphone.
Please see next step Emergency contact details and risk assessment.