We’re looking for applicants who have:
- an enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and mathematics as demonstrated by your personal statement;
- excellent academic ability;
- strong English language skills;
- a clear motivation for attending the programme.
You will need to demonstrate excellent academic ability with a majority of predicted or received A*–A grades at GCSE level (grades 9 to 7) or equivalent across all subjects, with a minimum of a grade A in maths and science.
If you receive a conditional offer, you will need to send us an up-to-date transcript of your most recent school or college grades to demonstrate that you have met the required academic standard. Where this is not available, further information from your teacher, tutor, school counsellor or equivalent would be required.
See our guide for the most common international qualifications and the UK equivalents.
English language requirements
Strong English language skills are required. We will ask you to provide proof of competency in English (e.g. IELTS) if your first language is not English or English is not the language in which you are taught at school.
The requirements for the Global Summer School are in line with the English language requirements for undergraduate programmes at Imperial.
If you are unsure that you have the needed English language requirement, please contact us for clarification.
To enrol on the Summer School in 2020 you must:
- be 16 years old on or before 31 August 2020
- not turn 18 years old before or during the Summer School
Click here to find out how to apply to our Global Summer School.