5 - 6 June 2019
This course will cover advanced aspects of allergic diseases in childhood, from the mechanisms underlying the ‘atopic march’ to difficult clinical scenarios such as multisystem allergic disease, immunodeficiency, adolescent transition and psychological or safeguarding issues. Practical workshops on infant weaning, food challenges and immunotherapy will be available.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Design diagnostic and management strategies to address challenging scenarios in paediatric practice such as difficult asthma, multisystem allergic disease, suspected immunodeficiencies, complex drug allergy, reactions to vaccines and safeguarding concerns
- Assess the role of a multidisciplinary team for the care of children with multisystem allergic disease
- Evaluate the psychosocial impact of allergic diseases in children and their families and formulate initiatives to address this issue
- Plan the required steps for appropriate transition of allergic adolescents into adult care
- Formulate the required steps to safely conduct food/drug challenges and allergen-specific immunotherapy in children in clinical practice
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for doctors (GPs, specialist trainees and consultants in Allergy, Paediatrics, Gastroenterology, Dermatology), as well as nurses, dietitians, health visitors and other healthcare professionals wishing to improve their ability to manage children with allergies in daily practice.
Allergy short courses are delivered in a blended format through a mixture of face-to-face and online teaching. You will attend 2 days teaching at Imperial College London where leading experts will deliver lectures and interactive sessions with question & answer elements, quizzes, case-based discussions and workshops. For a limited time after the course, you will have access online to all lecture notes and presentations, lecture recordings and other e-resources to enable flexible learning.
Participants have the option of completing an assessment component and on completion will be provided with an official Imperial College London transcript of results. Details of the assessment and deadline for submission will be given during the course. Please note that there is an additional assessment fee payable in full prior to submission date. Please contact us for further information.
Comments from past participants
"Very useful aid in consolidating my knowledge. Great topics covering a wide length and breadth of common scenarios form the allergic disorders"
"Brilliant presentations, met my expectations "
"Excellent – great speakers and resources, really helped put allergy into perspective for me"