Culture and wellbeing
Imperial Diversity Pledge
To be successful the College has to attract and retain the best staff and students. Our objective is that all of our staff and students (including women, black and minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and disabled) should be appropriately represented at all levels of the College.
Our Pledge to you, our staff and students, is that we will take all necessary steps to bring this about by:
- Identifying and addressing any barriers faced in education, career opportunities, personal development and promotion
- Creating a culture where all staff and students feel valued and respected and in which those with family and caring responsibilities enjoy full equality of opportunity
- Monitoring our progress toward the achievement of our Pledge and publishing the results
Imperial's commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Imperial is part of Stonewall's Diversity Champions Programme and committed to LGBT equality in the workplace
- Imperial is the first university to work with GIRES to promote respect and provide equal treatment for trans people
- NHLI holds and Athena SWAN bronze award.
- In January 2018 Imperial became a member of the Race Equality Charter (REC).
- Imperial has a Trans staff policy to help guide the College and its employees.
- Calibre leadership programme is a talent development and leadership programme for staff who identify as neurodiverse or disabled, or who have a long term physical or mental health condition.
- IMPACT development programme (Imperial Positive About Cultural Talent) is a talent development programme for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff.