Positions will be advertised on this site and on the College employment pages. Please also see links in the sidebar on the left.
Postdoctoral research associate positions
Postdoctoral researchers can join the Astrophysics Group as either Research Associates or Research Fellows. Queries should be directed to the Group Administration Office via email@example.com.
Positions will be advertised on this site (see below) and on the College employment pages. Please also see links in the sidebar on the left.
Should you have any queries about the application process please contact the Astrophysics Group Administration office via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is now closed.
Applications are invited for a Research Associate to work on Bayesian analysis of cosmic shear and large-scale structure at the Imperial Centre for Inference and Cosmology (ICIC) hosted by the Astrophysics Group. The position is funded by a UKRI-STFC Consolidated Grant, and led by Prof Alan Heavens, Prof Andrew Jaffe, Dr Daniel Mortlock and Dr Florent Leclercq.
- Reference NAT00355
- Date posted 19 December 2018
- Closing date 31 January 2019
We are keen to hear from you if you would like to apply for a fellowship through the Astrophysics Group - please contact us to discuss your application as soon as possible, as the Department holds a selection process for all Fellowship schemes (expect Marie Curie fellowships). Please ensure that you have read the sponsor's information and can meet the eligibility requirements before contacting us.
The deadlines for potential applications to reach us will appear here as each scheme round is announced. Applications received after these dates will not normally be considered. If you are interested in a scheme that doesn't appear in the lists below then please do still contact us to discuss it.
If you are approved to submit a formal application the Department will assist you throughout the application process. We set internal submission deadlines which are substantially earlier than the sponsor deadlines to allow for sufficient preparation and approval time, you will be advised of this and you can also see the deadlines on the application guidance webpage.
We are interested in hearing from you if you want to apply through us - please contact a member of academic staff relevant to your area.
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships Please contact us to discuss. There is not a Department review process for support but Groups must confirm who they are supporting by 21st August 2019 and ECAS forms must be completed with the Fellow information by 28th August 2019.
- STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships Please contact us to discuss. To be considered Groups must submit supported nominations to the Department review by 2nd August 2019, Group deadline to be confirmed. Nominations consist of CV, publications list, brief research summary.
- Royal Astronomical Society Fellowships
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships
- Royal Commission for the Exhibtion of 1851 Research Fellowships
- Winton Exoplanet Fellowship
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships
- STFC Ernest Rutherford Fellowships
- Imperial Research Fellowships
- Imperial College Research Fellowships
- Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellowships
- Royal Society Newton Fellowships
- UKRI future leaders