Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing (FEES)
16 & 17 September 2019
18 September 2019 (optional half-day workshop)
- Duration: 2 or 3 days
- 2 days: £295 before 16 August 2019
£345 after 16 August 2019
- 3 Days: £350 before 16 August 2019
£400 after 16 August 2019
- Venue: South Kensington campus
- Contact us
FEES is well established as an instrumental tool for both the evaluation and treatment of swallowing difficulty. In contrast to videofluoroscopy, FEES does not involve radiation exposure and can be used as a biofeedback tool during rehabilitation.
This course presents a unique opportunity to focus on both the interpretation of FEES examinations and the formulation of treatment plans for patients with swallowing difficulty arising from a variety of aetiologies. This course also includes an additional optional workshop for those who wish to learn how to pass a nasendoscope for the purposes of FEES.
This course will aim:
- To identify anatomical and physiological features relevant for FEES evaluations
- To review the evidence base supporting the use of FEES
- To understand and interpret findings from FEES evaluations across a variety of patient populations
- To develop an appreciation of the use of FEES as a biofeedback tool
- To formulate swallow rehabilitation plans based on FEES evaluation
Who should attend?
The course is designed for Speech and Language Therapists.
The course consists of lectures and hands-on practical sessions. The third day will consist of optional half-day workshop.