Transforming Arts with Artificial Intelligence
Engage with Imperial academics live online
- Duration: 7.5 hours, spread over 5 days
- Contact us
Presented by Dr Benny Lo, The Hamlyn Centre, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London
We’re now in an era where artificial intelligence plays an important role in shaping our future. This state-of-the-art application is also transforming the creative industry.
This master class will provide participants with an introduction to AI, apply the knowledge and learning experience to design a Turing Test, develop a clustering method for data analysis and evaluate the impact of AI on humans and hear how AI technology is shaping the future in art.
Delivered via Microsoft Teams over two days with 1.5 hours live class per day to include interactive exercises, quizzes, videos, group discussion and guest speakers.
Upon completion of this masterclass, participants will receive a digital certificate from Imperial College London.
Topics covered include:
• Introduction to AI
• Decision Trees
• Artificial Neural Networks
• AI for Arts
Benefits of attending?
On completion of this masterclass, participants will be able to:
- Describe what is AI;
- Design a Turing Test;
- Evaluate the impact of AI on humans;
- Differential supervised and unsupervised learning;
- Critique of the new advances in AI;
- Build a decision tree for classification;
- Construct an artificial neural network (ANN) for pattern recognition;
- Develop a clustering method for data analysis;
Who should attend?
This masterclass module is designed for UG or PG students studying in arts, humanities, social sciences and business management subjects with an interest in learning AI and it’s application for arts. No programming skills are required.