Innovating the Future with Robotics, IoT and AI
Engage with Imperial academics live online
- Duration: 7.5 hours, spread over 5 days
- Contact us
Presented by Dr Benny Lo, The Hamlyn Centre, Department of Surgery and Cancer, Imperial College London
We’re now in an era where robotics, AI and IoT play an important role in shaping our future. These state-of-the-art applications are transforming technology advancement in industries. These items are an essential driver for customer-facing innovation, data-driven optimization, new applications, digital transformation, business models and revenue streams across all sectors.
This master class will provide participants with an understanding of these technologies, apply the knowledge and learning experience to design, develop robotics, AI and VR applications and hear from industry experts the latest applications and innovations in these areas.
Delivered via Microsoft Teams over five days with 1.5 hours live class per day to include interactive exercises, quizzes, videos, group discussion and guest speakers.
Upon completion of this masterclass, participants will receive a digital certificate from Imperial College London.
- Robotics and AI, To introduce the current state of the art in robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) providing an overview of the challenges and potentials in robotics and AI.
- Pervasive Sensing and Internet of Things (IoT), To introduce the concept of pervasive sensing and IoT and provide an overview of the state-of-the-art technologies in pervasive sensing and IoT.
- Machine Vision and AI, To teach the concepts and theories in machine vision and machine learning/artificial intelligence and how they are applied in practical applications.
- Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning, To introduce the concepts and theories of Artificial Neural Networks and deep learning methods and their applications in sensing and robotics.
- Data Visualisation and Virtual Reality, To teach the basics of computer graphics and the methods for visualising the data and create a virtual reality application.
Benefits of attending?
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Describe the latest development of robotics and AI technologies
- Understand the basic knowledge about pervasive sensing, Internet of Things (IoT) and the associated technologies
- Apply the knowledge and experience gained to develop Robotic and AI applications
- Design and develop virtual reality applications
- Create IoT and pervasive sensing enabled applications
Who should attend?
This masterclass is designed for UG or PG students studying in Engineering, Computing, Software Engineering, Math, Physics or related disciplines. Students are expected to have a good level of programming skills.