Our teams of skilled mechanics and technicians deliver a comprehensive responsive and preventative maintenance service
As well as general building maintenance, we manage and deliver these services:
Estates Operations are responsible for:
- The overall maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, plant and infrastructure.
- All services provided to buildings e.g. utilities, stored hot and cold water, heating and cooling, distribution of high pressure steam and ventilation systems.
- The upkeep of roads, pathways and landscaped areas.
On average there are 70,000 planned and reactive maintenance activities performed across the College each year.
Estates Operations employs a range of professionally qualified staff:
- A team of electrical and mechanical engineers who are employees of the College, these engineers report through the Head of Maintenance.
- A maintenance contractor who has directly employed engineering staff but also utilises a body of specialist sub-contractors.
- A number of specialist ‘approved’ contractors who are available to undertake one off pieces of work or maintenance activities.