Welcome to the waste directory - asbestos
What is included?
- Once assessed by the Asbestos Manager, if asbestos is found not to be present then the item can be disposed of via the appropriate waste route.
What happens to this waste stream?
Asbestos waste stream
Where do I put asbestos?
- Do not attempt to remove it or dispose of it.
- If you suspect that any item contains asbestos you should report it promptly to the Estates Operations' Customer Service Centre.
Who removes it?
- The Asbestos Manager will assess the item(s) and determine appropriate disposal according to the law.
- Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) will be disposed of via a licensed asbestos removal contractor.
- If asbestos is found not to be present then the item can be disposed of via the appropriate waste route.
What happens to it then?
- Asbestos is typically disposed of as hazardous waste in designated landfill sites.
The Asbestos Manager can be reached via the Estates Operation's Customer Service Centre.