- 2017 Fleming award: We are delighted to announce that the PISA project was the winner of the 2017 BGA Fleming Award competition held on 6th December 2017 at the ICE. The PISA project team includes staff and researchers from the Imperial Geotechnics Section.
- 2018-2019 MSc Class: We are enjoying getting to know our current cohort of MSc students. The 2017-2018 class comprises just over 40 students from 21 countries! Applications for the 2018-2019 academic year are now open.
- 2016 Geotechnical Research Medal: Dr. Jamie Standing and Prof. David Potts have been awarded the 2016 Geotechnical Research medal for their paper entitled The use of kinematic hardening models for predicting tunnelling-induced ground movements in London Clay that was published in Géotechnique 66(2).
- Seminar: 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake On Wed October 4th Dr. Liam Wotherspoon from the University of Auckland, New Zealand gave a talk on the 2016 Kaikoura Earthquake, focussing on geologic, geotechnical and built environment impacts. Full details: Liam Wotherspoon Talk Oct 2017.
- Other recent activities, events and news.