Why study in the Department of Mechanical Engineering?
Why study in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Imperial is located in the heart of one of the world’s most exciting cities. Find out more about the potential benefits of our location to your career.
- Our location facilitates student engagement with important organisations, institutions, and events.
- We’re located in close proximity to other world-class universities, giving ample development and networking opportunities.
- The Department benefits from an exceptional level of industrial support.
- As well as numerous collaborations with many industrial partners, the Department also hosts many University Technology Centres. Many groups host national Research Centres and academic staff are actively involved in spin-outs.
- Research that takes place in the Department has real world impact.
Why study in the Department of Mechanical Engineering 2
- The Department has three main research themes. Students and staff can collaborate widely and explore opportunities for discovery.
- The Department has outstanding facilities and infrastructure.
- Imperial has an exclusive focus on science, medicine, engineering and business.
Imperial Graduate School
- All postgraduate students are members of the Graduate School .
- The Professional Skills Development Programme provides courses designed to develop essential personal and professional skills.
- Through the Graduate School students can network and socialise outside of the research environment.
- In 2015-16, over 90% of our current enrolled PhD students were funded through the department, industry or other studentships.
- There are a number of scholarships which students can apply for, including the prestigious Imperial College PhD Scholarship Scheme, and other international scholarship collaborations.