AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS
- 2020 : 1st place – Best oral presentation
28th International EAES Congress | Kraków, Poland | 24 - 27 June 2020
Title: New take on N1c – the use of 3D modelling to depict extranodal tumour deposits in rectal cancer
- 2019: 2nd place abstract presentation at 2019 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation , Montreal, Canada
Title: Soft Haptics for the Simulation of Physical Examinations: A Case Study for Sphincter Tone Rendering
- 2018: Best Publication of the year 2018- Colorectal Diseases, ESCP 2018
Title : The effect of adjuvant chemotherapy on survival and recurrence after curative rectal cancer surgery in patients who are histologically node negative after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy.
Colorectal Dis. 2017 May 11. doi: 10.1111/codi.13714.
- 2018: Charles M.Balch MD Endowed International Fellowship in Surgical Oncology – Johns Hopkins Department of Surgery.
- 2014: Eugene N,Bricker Award winner at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Society of Pelvic Surgeons for the best new member presentation.
Title : Comparison of technique and long-term outcomes of hand sewn coloanal anastomosis for low rectal cancer.
- 2012: Award of the Hellenic Surgical Society for the best publication published in the Hellenic Journal of Surgery in 2011.
Title : Dehiscence, Stenosis and Local Recurrence after Anterior Resection in Relation to the Level of Rectal Cancer. A Systematic Review.
- 2008: Award of the Hellenic Surgical Society for the best scientific announcement at the 26th Panhellenic Congress of Surgery, International Surgical Forum 2008.
Title : Early steroid withdrawal in liver transplantation: A Meta-analysis and Meta regression of outcomes.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
Member of the Athens Medical Association Member
Member of the Hungarian Medical Association Member
Member of the Hellenic Surgical Society
Member of the Medical Association of Cyprus
Member of the European Society of Coloproctology
Member of the Cypriot Surgical Association
Member of European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
Member of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Member of the Greek Society of Coloproctology