The College has a standardised signage system which ensures compliance with the Equality Act 2010 and the College's Brand Guidelines
Who is responsible for signage?
Estates Operations are responsible for:
- External and internal building name signs.
- Way-finding and directional signs (including map panels).
- Fire and safety signs.
- External signage to buildings and campuses may require planning/advertorial permissions, and some of our buildings are listed and therefore subject to additional legal constraints.
Faculties and Departments are responsible for additional signage:
- All additional signage must also be chosen from the College's approved signage system.
- Please note the proper College font and recommended software must be used when updating inserts for door labels. Please contact your Building Manager who has access to the relevant software.
- Read the Overview for signage requirements (pdf)
- Read the full Signage WSi Wayfinding guidelines (pdf) - these must be followed when specifying any College signage
The signage guidelines contain information on the following:
- Accessible route signage (routes suitable for wheelchair users).
- College's Equality Act compliance criteria.
- Directional Signage and campus signs.
- Exterior signage hierarchy principles.
- External directional signage.
- Internal directional signage.
- Internal Door Signs - Standard.
- Internal Door Signs - Residences.
- Internal Door Signs - Non Standard - designated bulidings only.
- Internal Floor Directories.
- Notice boards.
- Signage positioning/locations.
- South Kensington campus map (combined high level (i.e. walkway,) and low level routes).
- South Kensington campus maps (separate high and low level route maps).