Food tins & drinks cans
Welcome to the waste directory - food tins and drinks cans
What can be recycled?
Any metal food or drink container can be reycled.
These are usually made from tin-coated steel or aluminium. Both metals are 100% recyclable and can be reprocessed again and again without loss of quality.
For every tonne of aluminium we recycle here in the UK, Alupro has committed to plant one tree.
What is included?
- Food tins
- Drink cans
Food tins & drink cans stream
Where do I put food tins & drink cans?
- Food tins & drink cans should be placed in the green-topped dry mixed recycling bin.
Who empties the bin?
- The cleaning team will empty the bins on a regular basis.
- Sacks are colour-coded and will generally be transported to a compounded area via a trolley.
- Sacks are tipped into the appropriate Eurocart (usually located in a locked compound).
What happens then?
- Dry mixed recycling is sent to a Materials Recovery Facility where the materials are segregated. They can then be recycled.
How green is this waste stream?
- Bins and carts are re-used.
- By recycling we reduce our need for raw materials, reduce our reliance on fossil fuels and reduce our carbon footprint.
- You are helping to protect and improve the environment.
What else can I do?
- Give cans a quick wash out to remove any food remnants.
Peter Bodi, Supervisor Support Operations: x50223