Coming to an event
After a long hiatus we are pleased to start welcoming our community, friends, and supporters back to our Campuses this Autumn.
Your safety is of the utmost importance to the College and we are planning to run our events in a responsible way. To do this, it may be necessary to implement some further requirements. This might include COVID-19 status checking on arrival, face coverings, reduced capacity in venues and will be adapted for any changes in public health guidance. Further information will be provided on any requirements for particular events as part of the event communications.
Please contact the event lead (which is listed on the What’s On Listing on our webpages) for questions on specific events.
Imperial College London hosts an exciting programme of events including academic lectures and seminars, graduation ceremonies, open days, sport fixtures, musical performances and art exhibitions.
The majority of our events are open to Imperial students, staff, alumni and the public. Events are often very popular with a limited number of places available. Please ensure you register early for your chosen event; registration details are indicated on the individual events pages. All events are free unless stated.
Full details of individual events can be accessed on the events calendar.
FAQs for guests
Will I need to wear a face covering?
We strongly encourage our guests to wear face coverings for the duration of their visit. Please see the College page on face coverings for more information.
What will I need to provide as proof of COVID status if this is required?
Should COVID status checking be in place, those aged 18 and over will be needed to demonstrate one of the following:
- evidence of a negative lateral flow test, either taken at home or at a test centre, within 48 hours of the performance. Rapid lateral flow tests can be ordered for free here from the government website and reported here.
- evidence of double vaccination, where the second vaccine was administered at least 14 days before the event, provided via the NHS App (England, Scotland, NI and Wales Apps are all accepted), vaccination card, or letter provided by the NHS
- full vaccination or negative test result via an EU Digital Covid Certificate
If COVID status checking is in place for the event you are attending, unfortunately we cannot guarantee entry without one of the above.
Those aged 18 years will be treated as adults and will need to show proof of their COVID Status on entry as above.
Under 18s should take a lateral flow test within 48 hours of attending. Parents or guardians will be asked to show proof of the negative result on their behalf. All unaccompanied 16 to 18s will be needed to show proof of their negative lateral flow test to enter.
Will contact tracing be in place?
Please check in when entering our buildings using the NHS QR codes available and your COVID-19 NHS app. We will also be keeping records of attendance for 30 days after each event.
What will the capacity of your events be?
The College has undertaken ventilation assessments of all spaces across our Campuses. Capacity in our events spaces will be based on a starting capacity of 50% or 30% of full occupancy dependent on the outcome of those ventilation assessments.
Will cloakroom facilities be available?
We cannot guarantee provision of cloakroom facilities at our events. Please try to avoid bringing large or bulky items where at all possible.
Do I need to register/book a ticket to attend in-person events at Imperial?
Yes. Due to limits on the capacity in our venues only a set number of in-person tickets will be available.
Due to demand and the need to retain attendee details for contact tracing, it is unlikely that we will be able to accept walk ins at our events. For details on how to register for individual events, please check the event listing and contact the event organiser if required via the What’s On pages
Accessibility and other requirements
- Step-free access - please see College maps for information about accessible routes through campus and access into buildings.
- Accessible parking - there are a limited number of blue badge holder parking spaces available on campus. See the car parking page to book a space.
- Other requirements: If you have other requirements, please contact the named event organiser as soon as possible who can assist with arrangements. Their details are listed on the individual event webpage.
- Admittance to any Imperial event is at the discretion of the event organisers
- Admittance to lecture theatres is strictly subject to seating capacity. Standing is not permitted
- Please arrive in good time for the start of the event, latecomers may not be admitted
- Guide dogs are welcome in all College venues, but no pets allowed.
Door opening times
- We recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
Food and Drink
- Food and drink may be purchased from a number of outlets on campus
- No food or drink may be consumed in the lecture venues.
- There are some parking meters around Imperial, mainly on Exhibition Road and Queen's Gate.
- Imperial has some disabled parking bays, please call +44 (0)20 7594 9641 to book a bay in advance.