Welcome to the waste directory - Printer cartridges
What can be recycled?
All laser toners are acceptable.
All inkjet cartridges are acceptable but may be dealt with in different ways.
Any unused items (which may have been purchased in error) can be offered to others in the College (or elsewhere) on the Waste Action Re-use Portal (WARPit). It is easy to register and the system is very easy to use. If you need assistance, please contact Helen Swanton, Waste and Recycling Officer, on x50447.
There is a legal requirement to recycle printer cartridges so these must not be placed in the general waste.
What is included?
- Used Inkjet cartridges
- Used Laser toners
- Cartridge packaging
- Unused cartridges and toners
What happens to this waste stream?
Printer cartridges waste stream
Where do I put printer cartridges?
- Printer consumables are placed in the designated grey bins; see the Cartridge recycling locations list below.
- Please include the cartridge packaging as this protects the unit in transit.
|11 Princes Gardens||Ground floor corridor|
|14 Princes Gardens||14G3, ground floor hallway|
|15 Princes Gardens||Entrance hall|
|53 Princes Gardens||1.03 - Entrance hall|
|58 Princes Gardens||Ground Floor Reception|
Level 4 - TBC
Level 2 - Opposite control room 201A ABB
|Beit Quad||Level 2 - Student Union reception|
Level 3 - Main entrance
Level 2 - Outside ICT, opposite lifts
Level 4 - 421 Eqipment room
Level 3 - 311 (west end)
Level 7 - west end
Level 2 - Stores (just off the loading bay)
Level 5 - by goods liftLevel 10 - by passenger lift
|Chemistry||Level 2 - 232a|
Level 1 - Outside room 101
Level 12 - Imperial Innovations
|Electrical Engineering||Level 11 - 1108|
|ETHOS||Ground floor opposite the lift|
Level 1 - Equipment area
Level 2 - Equipment area
Level 3 - Equipment area
Level 4 - Equipment area
|Flowers||Ground - Reception|
Level 3 - opposite the walkway entrance way
Level 6 - outside Post Room
Ground - Post Room
|Library||Level 2 - centre of main admin area|
|City & Guilds||
Level 2 - Near vending machine
Level 5 - Outside equipment room
Level 3 - Outside CEPSAF
Ground - Reception
|Reynolds Building||Communal Photocopying Room - 1st floor|
|Royal School of Mines||
Ground - Outside Room G20
Level 2 - Outside Room 2.02 (Next to post racks)
Level 2 - Outside 244
Level 3 - Outside 3.01B (Cafe)
Level 4 - Room 93
Level 2 - Outside 255
Level 4 - Outside staff common room
Level 5 - Atrium
Ground - Entrance
Level 3 - East kitchen
Level 3 - Finance copier area
Level 4 - ICT
Level 5 - In both equipment rooms
Level 5 - Near Reid and Pippard lecture theatres
Level 2 - Near photocopier
Level 4 - 412 print room
|The Business School||
Lower ground - Print room
Printer cartridge recycling locations - Other Campuses
Who empties the printer cartridge bin?
- The Soft Services Support Team (South Kensington) or cleaning team (elsewhere) will empty the bins when required.
- Full containers are stored in a locked compound ready for collection by a specialist recycler.
What happens then?
- The items are cleaned, refilled and re-used (or recycled where this is not possible).
How green is this waste stream?
- All receptacles are recycled/re-used.
- Everything that you recycle is put to good use. Your recycling prevents needless use of landfill sites or incineration. You are helping to protect and improve the environment.
Peter Bodi, Supervisor Support Operations: x50223